Thursday, December 31, 2015

Not a baby anymore

Alain is not a baby anymore. He makes jokes, and builds things and is proud of them, and (finally) slept through the night for the first time earlier this week. And tonight, he asked about Julian. We always include Julian's name in our bedtime poem/prayers, which Alain usually does with g'ma and g'pa. By now he knows and has met everyone listed (mama, daddy, g'ma, g'pa, grandma, grandpa, etc.), except Julian. So, naturally, he interrupted g'ma tonight to ask about this Julian person she keeps mentioning. It was actually kind of funny-he perked up and asked, "Julia?" because he knows my good friend Julia.

I explained that Julian was/is his big brother, but he's "out" and we can't see him. I told Alain that Julian was mama and daddy's first baby, and we love him very much like we love Alain. Alain's only response was to try saying the phrase "big brother". I could almost see him filing the rest of the information away for later discussion. That's my sweet, smart, cuddly 2nd baby boy.

Hi favorite Christmas songs this year were Handel's Hallelujah Chorus and the Pentatonix version of Angels We Have Heard on High. He sang both a LOT this month, with a little Beethoven's 9th thrown in for consistency. Over the course of our Pentatonix YouTube video explorations I ended up hearing their rendition of Silent Night while I was alone in the nursery with only the night light (the one Taylor made for Baby Bell) on. It was a nice opportunity during a busy holiday season to think of my dear 1st baby boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment