Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kitchen Adventures: Pizza Dough

Despite all of the cooking and baking I've done since I was a child, I don't have much experience working with yeast. My first yeast challenge was this bread. I've been wanting to try making pizza dough from scratch for a while. I finally did it today, and it was a success!

I loosely followed this recipe, but made a much smaller portion. Here's my cute little ball of dough. I actually enjoyed kneading it-kind of therapeutic.

Two hours later: look, it grew!

Flattened out and placed on a hot pizza stone. This would have been easier to do if I had chilled the dough a little first, but sometimes pregnant ladies get impatient when it comes to food.

Finished with toppings. The pizza as a whole left a little to be desired (needed more cheese, and I didn't have any fresh tomatoes so had to use canned), but the crust was delicious. Light and airy, a little chewy, and crispy on the bottom. I will definitely be trying this again.

Next yeast challenge: using this dough to make cinnamon rolls : )

No comments:

Post a Comment