Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5 Weeks

Alain is 5 weeks old today and weighs over 10 pounds! I love how fat his cheeks are getting. They're like little pillows for his face when he lays his head to the side. He's started to be more interactive, and Momma Scott and I even got a real smile for the first time yesterday!


Lots of things to look at and learn-thanks to Uncle Taylor for the wall hanging from Mexico, and to Uncle Alex for the onesie from Italy!)

He had a nice first Christmas. He slept through the Nutcracker (we watched it on TV on Christmas eve), but was wide awake afterwards to welcome his first Christmas at midnight. The three of us had a nice quiet Christmas day at home. Taison and I didn't do Christmas shopping this year, but Alain ended up with a nice pile of presents to open on Christmas morning. He got lots of cute outfits, some books and toys, and a few "my first Christmas" ornaments. My parents drove up the day after Christmas and stayed until this morning. They did a lot of baby snuggling, and also some cooking and cleaning : ).

He's learning to drink from a bottle. I plan to breastfeed for a long time, but it will be nice to be able to have someone else feed him every now and then so I can go to yoga, sing in a concert, or just have a solo trip to the grocery store. I teared up a little the first time I saw Taison feeding him, partly because they looked so cute together, and partly because taking a bottle means he's growing up and already starting to need mommy a little less.

From two days old to five weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment