Friday, February 28, 2014

100 Days

When we went to the dry cleaners yesterday, the owner explained to me that in "his country" (Korea), there's a big celebration when babies turn 100 days old. We figured out that Alain is 100 days old today!

These last 100 days have been so special. I was just thinking about the day that we brought him home from the hospital. I was so excited that I almost skipped up to our back door. My parents welcomed us to a house that was warm, sunny, full of Thanksgiving smells and love. I cried pretty hard when we entered-tears of happiness, relief, and sadness that this homecoming was so different than our homecoming after Julian was born.

I could not have imagined what these first 100 days would be like. Alain is starting to become such a little person. He smiles and laughs and "talks" and gets excited when daddy comes home from work. I'm excited to see what the next 100 days have in store.

Here are a few of our 100 day-old's favorite things:
Hanging out with friends (kind of)

Chomping on his fists

Admiring wall art: the calendar is his current favorite-wonder how he'll feel when we have to flip the page to March tomorrow.

SMILING and talking: "a-goo" is his favorite phrase right now

Tummy time! (except for when he hates it)

No comments:

Post a Comment