Monday, February 17, 2014

My New Job

After a probationary period of about 3 months, I have formally moved into my new position as a "stay at home" mom. I resigned from my job a couple of weeks ago. Taison and I had been planning for me to take care of Alain full-time, but I didn't want to pull the plug until he got here safely and I tried out the mommy thing for a while. As I thought, I love it, despite the long hours, uncertainty, and exhaustion : ).

Resigning was bittersweet but not as emotional as I thought it might be. I will miss my students a lot, but I had started to burn out the last few months I was there due to various issues with administration and my caseload. I already felt pretty disconnected after over two months of maternity leave. My boss and coworkers have been understanding, and I think I'll be able to maintain the relationships I've created with them over the last four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment