Monday, October 29, 2012

CYG Day 29

Day 29: Music
Julian's sense of hearing developed just in time for him to hear his mommy sing Beethoven's Missa Solemnis with the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Carnegie Hall. Here's one of the most beautiful parts of the piece, Bendictus. (I don't have a recording of our performance, but this one is similar, although the BSO concertmaster is better than this one ; ).) I had a good hard cry the first time I listened to this after Julian died. I'm glad that I was able to share such beautiful music with him.

I'm sitting here listening to the piece now as Hurricane Sandy rolls in. There is such contrast between the violent winds outside and the peaceful music inside our warm, cozy living room. I hope everyone on the East Coast is able to stay safe and dry through the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment