Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Made It

The fall semester is over at work. In September, I had no idea how I would survive going back and facing everyone and all of the memories of the time I spent there with Julian as he grew. Somehow I did it, and successfully made it through a whole semester. I literally breathed a sigh of relief at my desk when I realized this the other day. Like many things over the last few months, going back wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. I think it helps that I work with counselors and health care professionals (and future health professionals). They generally knew what to say and what not to say, so I didn't have to deal with many awkward questions or comments.

I still struggle with reminders of those last few days with Julian: seeing a student whom I haven't seen since July, or coming across one of the last work emails I sent on the Friday before he was born. Overall, I have been okay, and have been able to keep up with an increasing number of tasks and responsibilities. At this point, I'm pretty much back to "normal" as far as my workload and workdays go. Of course, I still have moments when I have to stop and breathe, or take a few moments to myself.

Other recent accomplishments:

Singing in five Holiday Pops concerts
(Taison came to the last one on Sunday)


Making one batch of Christmas cookies
(Oatmeal-Pistachio-Apricot for a cookie swap at work )


Going into the baby section of Gap to buy our gift to donate to a child this winter. I bought a navy blue down-filled snowsuit. It looks really comfy. Some little 6 month old out there will be nice and warm in it this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment