Monday, December 31, 2012

Moving On

I bought my 2013 calendar weeks ago (and almost cried in Paper Source when I picked it up). As much as I'm ready to start a new year, it will be sad to leave 2012 behind. After all, the first half of the year was great. We started off the year with Taison getting to see Baby Bell via ultrasound on his birthday. I sang at Carnegie Hall and we spent a week on an island in Belize. I was pregnant, experiencing something I had always wanted to experience...and it was an easy pregnancy. My baby brother graduated from UVA, a good friend got married, and we bought a car. The first half of 2012 was too good to be true.

The second half of 2012 was so hard. But, I have learned a lot about life and about myself over the last few months. I still have plenty to be grateful for and to look forward to. Along with loving memories of my sweet Julian, I hope to carry into 2013 a greater appreciation for time spent with loved ones, because you never know when that time may be cut short. I know that 2013 will have its challenges, but I know that I have the strength to face them. I look forward to what the new year has in store for me, Taison, and our friends and family.

With love for you all and best wishes for 2013,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment