Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Catching Up

I haven't blogged in a while. I've been a little busier than usual, and was out of town last weekend. But really, I haven't had much to say for myself lately. I'm just living life, trying to stay positive even though I don't always feel positive.

I went to VA last weekend to visit my parents. It was nice to spend time with Momma and Poppa Scott, Taylor, and grandma, and also to catch up with a few good, old friends (including my "second mommy" Mimi). I also had Burmese food for the first time-it was delicious.

 Fermented tea-leaf salad (tastes much better than it looks)

Speaking of food, I made what I humbly consider to be the best shrimp and grits ever last week:
(Hint: if you try this recipe, sub thick-cut bacon for the proscuitto and add a little cayenne pepper.)

I'm looking forward to the weather warming up so we can spend more time outside. I haven't been on my bike since last September. I'm also getting antsy to start gardening. We have some fun weekend trips planned for next month-NYC, then Chicago for Baconfest with Alex and Taylor and their girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment