Saturday, September 7, 2013

Update to Labor Day

I've felt fine since Monday-no more contractions. This week's theme has been "taking it easy". No brisk walks, no carrying groceries and laundry up the stairs, no standing for long periods of time, etc. After being out of the office on Monday and Tuesday, I went back to work on Wednesday, but only for half days. It was actually really nice to come home in the early afternoon (ahead of the commuter crowds), put my feet up, and do the rest of the day's work from the couch. Nice and quiet-a drastic contrast to the hustle and bustle of the office during the first week of school.

I have another checkup with my OB on Tuesday, and will re-evaluate my work schedule after that. There's not much I need to re-evaluate in my life schedule, luckily. We didn't have any travel planned for the fall besides a weekend in Vermont later this month (although I was thinking about going to VA for a long weekend next month). I didn't request to sing in any concerts this fall in anticipation of being very busy at work and very pregnant. So, as much as I'd love to resume my regular pace, I'll be fine if my "take it easy" orders are extended. Anything to give baby plenty of time to keep growing : ).

No comments:

Post a Comment