Sunday, October 27, 2013

Baby Update

Baby is 34 weeks today and doing great. We started weekly ultrasounds to check on growth, practice breathing, etc., and everything has looked good so far. We even got a peek at his cute little face in 3D this week : ).

The books say he's the size of a butternut squash now, somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 lbs...
...but this week's ultrasound measurements estimated that he's already over 6 lbs! He still moves often and a lot, which is nice reassurance for his mommy and daddy. He also gets hiccups once or twice a day (he's actually hiccuping as I write this).

I guess we're in the "home stretch" now. I just hope for a few more uneventful weeks. I was listening to an old Radiohead album the other day, and a line from the song "No Surprises" has been popping into my head over and over:

"No alarms and no surprises, please".

No comments:

Post a Comment