Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blogiversary

Songs and Skies is a year old today! I'm so glad I started this blog. It's been exactly what I hoped it would be: a way to stay in touch, and a safe space for me to share the ups and downs of the past year. To celebrate, I've added a search bar to the blog (exciting, I know). You should be able to see it on the right under the "About Me" section. I thought this would be helpful if you (or I) are trying to find something, especially since this is the 98th post!

You may remember that part of my motivation for starting this blog was the Capture Your Grief project. It's going on again this year, but I decided not to participate this time around. I still look for ways to remember Julian, and I still need outlets for the feelings of loss, but this just didn't feel like the right outlet for me right now.

I'm not sure how Songs and Skies will evolve over the next year. Hopefully, it will be loaded with baby pictures and musings on motherhood. There will definitely be posts about travel and food and yoga. I have only shared this blog with close family and friends. I've thought a little bit about starting a spin-off blog to share more widely, and keeping Songs and Skies as a more private "family blog". We'll see what happens over the next few months. There are much bigger life changes in store, after all.

Thank you so much for reading and for being an important part of our lives. I look forward to sharing the next year with you.

Love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment