Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tonight I Feel Like...

...this:

Kind of tired, definitely comfy-just like Coco laying on Momma Scott's lap. It's been a busy week at work, and I'm enjoying some couch time now. It's also still chilly enough outside to appreciate being snuggled under a blanket. Spring has gotten off to a very slow start here. Usually I would complain (and I have a little), but I've also realized that the warm weather will be hard for me to deal with sometimes this year. We had a nice 70 degree day earlier this week, and I was in tears by the time I got home from work. All of the chubby bouncing babies were out. One happy little boy danced on his father's lap a few seats down from me on the T. He was the age Julian would have been now. Others nestled against their mothers' chests in their Ergo carriers, no longer shielded from the outside elements by blankets and hats. It all makes me miss Julian.

I'm still looking forward to a lot of the same things I get excited about every spring. My favorite pair of magnolia trees in the park down the street are about to bloom. I've already started some seeds for my vegetable garden this summer (tomatoes, peppers, carrots and radishes). I love that it's light out when I wake up and when I come home from work. And, I'm getting antsy to swap out my tired winter wardrobe for the spring and summer clothes that have been packed away all winter. Those clothes will have to stay in their boxes for a few more weeks I think. We had more rain today and yesterday. You know what they say about April showers, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment