Saturday, November 9, 2013

Last Day

Yesterday was my last day in the office. I woke up that morning feeling grateful and relatively calm given everything I wanted to get done by the end of the day. I had stared at that date on the calendar for so long, hoping that it would come a little faster, and that I would still be pregnant with a healthy baby when it did.

I didn't do a lot of goodbyes. It's kind of awkward for me to respond to all of the excited comments about "I can't wait to see pictures" and "soon you'll be a mommy" given my last experience with all of this. I already am a mommy, and I already have pictures-they're just not pictures that you would frame and put in your office.

I'm not sure what the next few weeks have in store. I wonder if I will start to feel more anxious now that I have more time to think about baby, or if I'll feel less anxious now that I'm done with work. Will I get more excited, or more impatient? Will I finally start "nesting"?

Whatever the next weeks have in store, I feel like I have started this new phase in a good place. I was lucky to end the day yesterday with dinner with Taison and then a concert (Britten's War Requiem) at Symphony Hall. It was a great performance, and a nice way to unwind after a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment