Friday, November 15, 2013

Mid-November Thoughts

This time two years ago, we found out I was pregnant with Julian. The following week was Thanksgiving, so we decided to go ahead and tell the family then. We couldn't pass up an opportunity to share the news in person with both sets of grandparents-to-be, both uncles-to-be and the auntie-to-be. Needless to say, it was a very special Thanksgiving dinner.

This time one year ago, I was tempted to skip Thanksgiving altogether. Instead, we hosted a low-key non-Thanksgiving dinner.

Now, we're about ten days away from meeting Julian's younger brother. I spent the day today washing the handful of new baby things we've bought or received, packing our hospital bag, and making macaroni and cheese to freeze for Thanksgiving dinner. I walked to our neighborhood dry cleaners this afternoon to pick up some of Taison's pants. It's owned by a cute older Korean couple. They know about Julian and have seen me every few weeks throughout this pregnancy. On my way out, they said, "Next time, we meet baby". I teared up a little, not so much out of sadness, but out of such great hope that they will get to meet baby, and that all of you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment